Electric Vehicle Work Place Charging Scheme
As demand for electric vehicles continues to rise, Central Bedfordshire Council (CBC) have installed two additional Electric Vehicle Car Chargers at its Priory House car park, in Shefford. These two new chargers brings the total to four at Priory House and offer staff and visitors the opportunity to charge their vehicles whilst at work or visiting CBC.
The Greater South East Energy Hub are raising awareness of national Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) funding from the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
• Voucher-based scheme designed to provide support towards the upfront costs of the purchase and installation of EV charge points.
• 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £500 for each socket, up to a maximum of 20 across all sites for each applicant.
• Open to a registered business, charity or public sector organisation
For more information please visit the website:
What are the benefits of electric car charging stations for business?
30% of electric vehicle drivers do their charging at the workplace.
• Your employees can save nearly £1,000 a year in fuel costs.
• You can offer electric vehicle charging to your visitors.
• You can reduce employee benefit in kind tax by up to 86% for company cars.
• A green fleet can help reduce CO2 emissions and reach sustainability goals.
If you would like support with your application for WCS funding, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org